Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Batman versus Superman

It most assuredly does not suck. I want to get that out there right up front. Now that I've said that, let me tell you about all of the things that do suck:

1. Really, we're doing the Batman origin story again? Why?
2. Every scene featuring Lois and Superman together outside of the action sequences are dull and pointless.
3. Several minutes of shirtless Affleck doing cross fit seems a bit much.
4. Someone, anyone, teach Zack Snyder how to cut an action scene in a coherent way, please.
5. Eisenberg's Luthor is better than Spacey's Luthor, but that is a very low bar.
6. Zod is in this movie for no reason at all.
7. MORE WONDERWOMAN! We need more Wonder Woman now!
8. More Aquaman! (I may be the first person in history to say that ever).
9. Too many batman dream sequences.
10. Henry Cavill is just the worst. Really.

having said all of that, it is entertaining. It had the seeds of a great movie in there, it just doesn't find them. It's better than Ant-Man, Age of Ultron, Iron Man 3, both Thor movies and Man of Steel.

I'm glad I saw it, but I'd like to see an anti-directors cut with about 35 minutes trimmed out.

Best part was the trailer for Lego Batman! I need to see that badly

No comments: